Packing fragile items is one of the most nail-biting activities for many of us. We all get afraid while shifting or delivering any fragile item as there is a fear of the items getting destroyed and damaged during the transportation process.
While going from sender to receiver the boxes go through a lot of handling, so it is very important to think about how you can make these fragile items deliver carefully. To protect your item you should always pack them with extra care. So let us now discuss some important tips and techniques to be considered while fragile packing–
- Pick The Right Box
You need to select the correct packing box for your item so that it can be properly handled without any damage. Choose the perfect box by giving thought to the size, weight, and shape of the object that is to be shipped.
Go for a box that is just a bit bigger than the item that you are shipping. You can use Corrugated cardboard boxes that are rigid enough to sustain heavy pressure as they are made up of layered paper.
- Fill Up The Empty Space
It is important to not let the item shift within the box as it may damage the item. So it is necessary to prevent this extra spacing between the box and the item inside it. For this, cover the item properly with some cushioned material all around and then you can go for filling the space with filler on the top, bottom, and both sides.
- Don’t go for boxes that are much larger than the item that is to be kept in them. It may cause the item to dislocate from one place to the other and get damaged.
- You need to add up some extra strips of tape at the bottom of the box for securing and adding extra support to the box.
- At the bottom of the page, you can add the layering of foam, bubble wrap, and packing paper to cushion it. Once done, fill up the space by putting the item in it carefully.
- If you have to deliver some hollow items like glass, cups, etc then fill the items with packaging papers from inside. It will lead to less vibration.
- Don’t be a miser when using tape while wrapping up the item as it will support both- the packaging, and the item inside it. The tape will help in supporting the packaging.
- Clearly label outside the box so that people will get to know that there is a fragile item inside and they’ll hold it gently. You can write “Handle With Care.”
- When involved in fragile packing, don’t rush. Do things with proper care and take your time doing it so that you won’t regret it later.
The Final Words
Fragile packing was never an easy task to do. You need to take care of a lot of things while shifting or delivering an item from one place to the other. After doing all the above steps clearly, you need to tell yourself that yes you’ve done your part. If this work feels to be overwhelming, and you are thinking of some help with it, consult here.