A broad spectrum of options of tiles for kitchen floors & walls is available in the market. Tiles of various designs are also available in the market; you will also get more colour options. When it comes to choosing the best tiles for the kitchen, you will come across options like man-made tiles and natural stones for the kitchen. Man-made is the most cost-conscious option than the natural stone which is an expensive option. You will also come across various designs like patterned or plain & available in a range of finishes. Though natural stone has its own beauty & uniqueness. When it comes to the maintenance of natural stone tiles, it has stricter maintenance care.
Natural stone tiles for kitchen
Natural stone tiles used in the kitchen provide both functionality and style. It is long-lasting, durable, and is a popular choice in many households. Granite can be used for countertops while limestone is a great option that does not wear down easily and gives a warm rustic look. The price of natural stone best tiles for kitchen varies greatly & depends on the quality & grade of the stone. Here is a brief overview of various types of natural stone tiles:
- Marble: it is available in grey and white tone. Remember not to lay polished marble on the floor of the kitchen as it can cause a slip hazard.
- Limestone: It is widely available and available in beige, cream, grey & dark tones. It is durable and when used on the floor, it can last long.
- Slate: it produces a textured surface & can boost gripping at the floor level. It is an attention-grabbing stone because of its rich & dark tones.
Man-made tiles for kitchen
There is a wide variety of porcelain and ceramic tiles for the best tiles for the kitchen. Glass tiles are also available. Here is the list of man-made tiles available in the market:
- Ceramic tiles: it is the most affordable option for the kitchen. It does not require sealing and is easy to clean.
- Porcelain tile: it can be used both on the walls and floors, is high density and is hard-wearing.
- Glass tiles are mostly featured in mosaic but are available in other tile formats.
- Gloss tiles: if you want to brighten up the kitchen, then this is the best option.
- Matt tiles have a flat finish and you need to clean them more frequently.
How to choose?
When it comes to selecting the best tiles for the kitchen, make sure to choose the tiles that serve your need. It must be so chosen that the tiles perfectly fit in the kitchen. Choosing of right size tiles is imperative. The tiles that you choose reflect your taste.
The bottom line
When it comes to fitting the best tiles for the kitchen, make sure that you hire a professional and must not try to do it by yourself. It is not an easy task and requires the supervision of an expert. The professional comes with the right tile cutting equipment and does the work with precision.